Social Media Reigns Supreme In 2020 But What Should You Focus On?
Welcome to the first quarter of a whole new decade where social media still reigns supreme when it comes to marketing your business online.
And every small business owner is wondering what marketing strategies they should be focusing on in 2020 and beyond that will prove to be effective and profitable.
That’s where my Free 30 Day Kick-Start Marketing Planner For 2020 & beyond comes in.
Social Media & ROI
2020 is the time to get focused and very serious about your return on investment when it comes to social media.
It isn’t ALL about reach, likes, shares and comments.
It’s about generating leads for your business that convert into paying customers.
Measure your results by your bank balance 😉 If it’s going UP you are winning, if it isn’t you are slipping backwards or making no progress an that can feel very frustrating.
All the viral content in the world isn’t going to show up in your bank account unless you start paying attention to growing your audience.
Your Marketing Strategy For Growth
I’ve designed and developed my Free 30 Day Kick-Start Marketing Planner For 2020 to sift & sort through a never ending onslaught of tips, strategies and ideas on how to do this, that and everything else on social media but very few focus on one of the most important component parts ,, strategy.
I’ve designed the planner as a simple step-by-step plan that anyone can follow.
It not only provides you with a simple social media strategy to follow BUT it actively encourages you to build your audience and your network at the same time without getting dizzy or overwhelmed.
Business Building In 2020 Means Having A Balanced Approach To Social Media And Growing Your Audience
A frequently asked question I get asked A LOT is:-
“How do I get more organic reach with my updates on Facebook?”
It seems to be a somewhat flawed plan to think that social media is somehow a magic tool that can offer you a “free way to build a global business from your dining room table.”
It isn’t. It takes effort & a lot more work than most people think.
Organic reach on Facebook like it was in 2014 when you could reach 70,000 people with a £10 budget isn’t coming back.
There are over 2 billion Facebook users all posting regular updates of their own & viewing others doing the same.
We Are Awash With Content …
Add to that all the estimated 10 million Facebook Groups and a further 90 million Facebook Business Pages all vying for eyeballs on their content and it’s safe to say every piece of content you create is a teeny tiny boat in a massive ocean of content.
We are awash with it.
Most small business owners focus their time and attention on creating content to share (that’s darn good practise in my book and an absolute necessity for any business owner today.)
But so many small business owners, solopreneurs and entrepeneurs are reluctant to focus just as much effort, attention, time and money on growing an audience to share the content with.
Free 30 Day Kick-Start Marketing Planner
So I devised my Free 30 Day Kick-Start Marketing Planner For 2020 to address that much needed balance where posting updates to social media AND growing your network integrate together without you getting overwhelmed or in need of a lie-down in a darkened room.
2020 Is Perhaps When Social Media Comes Of Age And Small Business Owners Accept It And Embrace It
In case you hadn’t noticed, every small, medium or large business in the world is in publishing today.
CONTENT was always king but in today’s world great content is the absolute royal flush winning hand.
- Blog posts
- Social Media updates
- Adverts & Promotions
- Motivational or Thought Leadership Quotes
- Worksheets & Checklists
- Or Any Type Of Video, Audio, Text or Image based content you can think of
Are You Just Posting Or Are You Growing?
Without it in today’s social media driven economy you are going to struggle to attract attention to you, your brand, your offers & your business.
If you’ve been using social media for a while now and finding it hard to see a return on your investment, how much time and money has been spent focused on building your audience?
Or building your network?
Or building on your unique message, style or brand?
Today in a much more mature social media world you need to calm down, stop trying to take it all in and just focus on strategies that build an audience that LOVE what you have to offer.
Focus On Growing, Building & Engaging
There are no shortages of people with problems you can solve.
Once you focus on that, every social media update you create, offer or promotion that you have running will yield far better results.
Instead of blasting your updates to a giant sea of largely un-interested people hoping you strike it lucky …
Take the time to focus on growing, building and engaging a targeted audience of like-minded people who love what you & your business offers them.
From there you’ll start to cultivate a warm, responsive audience that will be 100x more likely to become a customer of yours in the future.
Or become a brand ambassador to everyone they know looking for what you offer..
Either way it’s a win / win marketing strategy for 2020 and beyond.
Finances And First Base According To T Harv Eker…
I remember a few years back listening to T Harv Eker relay most people’s approach to finances (we’ve all been there) in a story about Baseball.
He made it hugely entertaining by saying most people ran their finances with everything coming from first base. First base being your current account.
- Where do you pay your bills from? – First base
- Where do you pay for your vacation from? – First base
- Where do you save for a rainy day from? – First base
- Where do you do your grocery shopping from? – First base!
You get the drift. 😉
Today’s First Base in Marketing? Social Media …
- Where do you spend the vast majority of your marketing efforts? – Social Media
- What marketing do you do on a daily basis for your business? – Social Media
- Where do you intend to spend more of your marketing budget this year? – Social Media
- Where is most of your time being sucked up into a vacuum of activity with least tangible results? – Social Media
- Where are most of your sales coming from?…. silence.
If you want to start seeing tangible results from your social media activities create a more balanced approach by integrating your social media updates & being creative with building your audience & network at the same time (being strategic.)
A Lesson Learned From Simon Cowell
Which one of the above is the odd one out?
The answer is Justin Bieber who built his own audience on YouTube before becoming a massively successful recording artist.
ALL the others were contestants on Simon Cowell’s X Factor show or American Idol, some winners, some runners up but all became well known recording artists in their own right thanks to Simon Cowell’s magic formula.
He takes a dozen or so complete strangers and over the course of 10 weeks or so he turns at least 1 of them into a global recording artist with a following so big he can guarantee a return on his investment from the show.
He Builds An Audience First
He focuses on building an audience for the up & coming artists and seeing who the public like, respond to and follow.
So what should you focus on building in addition to being busy creating and posting content?
With my traditional business Contemporary Log Living we’ve done exactly that since 2011 and in January 2020 we’ve seen our best ever start to a New Year.
What do I attribute that to the most?
Our Facebook page audience & our email list which has been built relentlessly over the last 8 years from zero to where it is today.
It gives us the ability to run promotions to that audience whenever we choose.
The best News of all is that you do not need 100’s of 1,000’s of people to create a successful business. For most small business owners 1,000 x sales of a £200 product or 20 sales of a £1,000 product or service would be enough to create a total transformation.
Start With A 30 Day Step-By-Step Plan To Follow …
Looking for a great place to start?
Download my 30 Day Kick-Start Marketing Planner For 2020 … of course.
- In 2020 a balanced approach to social media and building your audience will yield far better results than just social media alone.
- If you are looking for a better return on investment in 2020 and beyond and want to know what to focus on, put far more effort into building a targeted audience for your products & services.
- You will find it almost impossible (there are always exceptions) to build your business for free. If you have a low budget focus on blogging or video as your #1 & #2 marketing strategies.
- Build in a budget spend into your marketing mix. It’s never been easier to find your target audience (Hint! they are on Facebook every day!)
- If you want a seriously good place to start, don’t pass up my Free 30 Day Kick-Start Marketing Planner For 2020 it’s a step-by-step pan to follow for the 30 days, then you can repeat it every 30 days until it becomes part of your every day. And it’s totally free!
Be kind, stay positive & believe in yourself!
P.S. Did You Grab A Copy Of The Planner Yet?
- 7 Incredibly Effective Formulas For Writing Better Social Media Updates - March 14, 2020
- How To Create A Video Intro That Looks And Sounds Amazing - March 8, 2020
- How To Create A Professional Email Signature In Microsoft Outlook - February 24, 2020