When you begin to think of email as the online equivalent of people coming into your “store” you will want to make a great first impression with a professional email signature.
There is quite a buzz about email marketing at the moment with entrepreneurs demonstrating the power of building a responsive email list at a time when the vast majority of small business owners are focusing on social media.
I’m firmly in the build your email list camp on that one because it’s an asset for your business, you don’t own Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter.
Using social media to BUILD your email list is a very powerful combination that can produce great results for you & your business in a relatively short time.
The number of people on your email list is a factor, but the communication you have with them and the relationship you build with them is far more important than just numbers.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to create a professional email signature for Microsoft Outlook using Hubspot’s great free tool to get every email conversation you have off to a great start.
Step 1. Gather everything you need to create your swanky new email signature.
You will need:-
- Your name 😉
- Address if using
- Email address
- Office phone
- Mobile phone
- Social Media Links (for the clickable icons within the email)
- A Call To Action / Banner Advert & the URL it directs to.
- Image links for any images you will be using. (*see the video for details of how to do this if you are stuck.)
STEP 2. Gather your main social media links & add them with the other details.
Use Notepad, Evernote, Google Keep or a Google Doc handy for when you need to add them to your new email signature.
Step 3. Hubspot’s free email generator tool allows you to USE images (recommended) but NOT UPLOAD images.
You have to host the image somewhere else and insert the URL of where the image is. *Watch the video for how to do this.*
The easiest way is to upload an image to your WordPress media library and copy the link from inside the media area, (See video) or you can use your Facebook profile image, right click it & select copy image address.
Just remember that if you use your Facebook image or something similar and your change it so will your email signature.
Step 4. If you are feeling adventurous, add a clickable BANNER AD to the bottom of your email for list or offer opportunities with everyone you email.
Create one quickly & easily using one of the CANVA LEADERBOARD AD TEMPLATES.
With CANVA PRO you can save all your brand FONTS & COLOURS to make creating everything on brand so much easier.
Step 5. Head over to Hubspot’s free email generator to start creating your new professional email signature.
If you have prepped your info like the boss you are, then this will take less than 5 minutes.
- Select a template (I chose #1 in the video as it’s compact).
- Go through the sections provided and copy & paste your information into the relevant boxes.
- You will see your new signature in real time & you can add in your information and test out other templates before making your final selection.
- Tweak & test everything until you are happy with the result.
Step 8. Once you are happy, finalise the design by selecting COPY.
Hubspot make ask a question about your business in return for providing you with this awesome free tool.
Fair enough I say!
STEP 9. Open up Microsoft Outlook and select SIGNATURES.
Select ADD NEW
And copy & paste your Hubspot Email signature into the blank space & save.
Step 10. Add a confidentiality notice to the bottom of your emails.
It’s professional & may prevent your emails being forwarded without your express permission, or cover you in a moment when an email goes astray.
- Hubspot’s free email generator is a great resource to help you make a professional email signature for Microsoft Outlook.
- Prepare your links & image links in advance for a great quick result.
- Simply copy & paste your mew email signature in Outlook when you are done.
- Add a confidentiality notice to the end fo your emails.
Be kind, stay positive & believe in yourself!
P.S. Did You Grab A Copy Of The Planner Yet?
- 7 Incredibly Effective Formulas For Writing Better Social Media Updates - March 14, 2020
- How To Create A Video Intro That Looks And Sounds Amazing - March 8, 2020
- How To Create A Professional Email Signature In Microsoft Outlook - February 24, 2020