“If there is hope in the future, there is literally power in the present.” Zig Ziglar
One of the most perplexing & time consuming parts of running a business today is IMAGES. So how can you quickly & easily convert 1 x image into many in less than 10 minutes?
Canva To The Rescue
I’m a HUGE FAN of Canva.com and a Canva Pro member for multiple reasons.
- It’s ridiculously cost-effective.
- I use it EVERY day.
- It’s the easiest tool to create GREAT looking images for ALL your social networks.
- It has a vast library of royalty free images to tap into.
- And it can help you take ONE image and turn it into MANY DIFFERENT sizes for cross-platform promotions quickly & easily.
With a simple click of a button or two you can magically transform 1 x IMAGE ( I start with a YouTube Thumbnail) and CONVERT it into multiple images for Pinterest, my blog, social posts and stories using the awesome CANVA PRO feature.
Here’s the how-to part that will save you a TON of time & frustration.
1. Decide On The Image Size You Will Start With. I Recommend Either Facebook Ad Size Or YouTube Thumbnail Size
- Facebook Ad Size is 1200 x 628 PIxels
- YouTube Thumbnails Are 1280 x 720 pixels
Canva will select these sizes for you using their extensive template library.
You will find the Facebook Ad size very versatile across platforms like Facebook & LinkedIn and it makes a great feature image for your blog posts too.
Then use one of the templates as a guide for your design.
I used a YouTube Thumbnail for inspiration for this one …
Select a style and layout you like then change all the colours to match your brand.
To make branding for your business as easy & quick as possible, go ahead and create a brand mood board for your business.
Here’s How To Create A Brand Mood Board For Your Business
Now For The Magic Resizing Part ..
- Once you have created your image, go the menu and select RESIZE.
- Select the other sizes you want to create from the drop down menu.
- I use Pinterest, Stories, YouTube Thumbnails, Social Posts or Facebook Posts the most.
- Then click the COPY & RESIZE button
*If You Are Creating A Landscape or Horizontal Image And You Are Resizing To A Vertical Image There Will Be Tweaking Required
Some images copy & resize beautifully, saving you a LOT of TIME.
However if you are resizing a landscape or horizontal image into a Pinterst Pin or a Facebook Story some tweaking will be required.
This is still MUCH quicker and easier than having to create ALL new images from scratch.
Cross Platform Promotions Made Easy
Instagram likes square images,
Facebook likes landscape or vertical images & square images,
LinkedIn prefers landscape images,
Facebook Stories & Instagram Stories are tall and slimmer and Pinterest favours tall pins .. you get the picture right?
You could spend the vast majority of your day creating images if you don’t know a few of these tips & tricks!
It’s a great way to work strategically rather than just being busy.
If you haven’t invested in Canva Pro yet, give it a second look because it will save you ooodles of time for just over $10 a month.
- Hands up if you think Canva.com is the best thing since sliced bread? 🎉🎉
- One of the best CANVA Pro features is the ability to take ONE image and copy & resize the design into multiple images for cross platform promotions.
- For just over $10 a month it’s a tool that will literally pay for itself the first time you use it plus you’ll get access to a ton of royalty free images and more as a Canva Pro member.
- Worth the investment? Absolutely!
If this content help you in some way, please feel free to leave me a comment below & I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Be kind, stay positive & believe in yourself!