If you want a boost for your business try some of the these tried & tested Facebook content ideas.
If you are looking for one of the easiest and best ways to regenerate & refresh your business coming out of recent world events, Facebook business pages are hard to beat for value and speed.
Creating original content will always make you stand out and when you develop your own brand and style.
Nothing is more effective at attracting more readers to your content and helping you actively grow your Facebook business page & building your brand all at the same time.
If you haven’t grasped Facebook pages for your business just yet, don’t worry there is a lot to learn.
When you think about it as part of your overall business strategy you’ll soon find it becomes fun and easy to do.
Running out of ideas or things to say on Facebook is a common fear that can really hold you back from starting your Facebook business page and then staying consistent with it.
The ones that stay consistent with it are usually the ones that grow their business via social media.
Here are 5 Facebook page content ideas that just flat out work.
Put some into action & stay consistent with it for best results.
1. Decide On A Mix Of Relevant Facebook Post Ideas You Are Going To Focus On Creating Every Week
There are over 28 types of Facebook Post Ideas listed inside my free Kick-Start Marketing Planner ranging from motivational quotes and text status updates to case studies and webinars and pretty much everything in between.
But if you are a solopreneur or small business owner one thing’s for certain you can’t do them all.
The best way to start getting more likes, shares and comments on your Facebook page updates is to narrow your focus and do around 6 types of content really well.
It’s better to do 1 or 2 brilliant focused updates per day than 10 random updates that will inevitably be of less quality or relevance and will potentially do you more harm than good.
Start by deciding on a mix of six types of Facebook content ideas that you are going to be easy for you to create QUICKLY & CONSISTENTLY for example:-
- Motivational quotes (shareable valuable content) – there are a TON of them out there to choose from.
- Engaging posts (asking questions, fill in the blanks, did you know facts etc)
- Expert tips (custom made expert tips with your brand, image or logo)
- Promotional offers (special offers, discounts and bundles for your products and services)
- Blog content (your latest articles, plus old blog posts with recent Opt In Offers included)
- Video content (Facebook Live videos, webinars or workshops)
Then commit to creating them in your brand and your style.
I like to create mine & my clients in batches every week.
That way they are ready to go and always fresh & unique.
An example of a branded motivational quote …
Follow me on Instagram for more like this every week. @projectlifestyleclub
2. Make As Many Content Updates As Original And On Brand As Possible
You do not have to make all your Facebook page content ideas “on brand” to be effective but you will want to create as much content as possible with your styling, your branding, your face or your logo on it somewhere.
Whether you use certain colours on your website or you use the same image you use on your Facebook profile you really want to put a little time and effort into creating Facebook post ideas that are totally unique.
The people who are standing out online right now are the ones using their own words as tips, quotes and though leadership style sayings.
Use CANVA.com to create Social Media updates like some of the examples shown in this post for your business.
Brand yourself as “the go-to expert in your niche” as the saying goes,
“How you do anything is how you do everything!” .. and to stand out online you need to take that extra step that others aren’t willing to do.
An example of a branded “tip” (positioning you as an expert in your field)
3. Categorize Your Facebook Page Content Into 3 Types. Useful, Engaging And Calls To Action
The smarter you get about using your own blogs, quotes and videos as your main content ideas on Facebook and across all your social media platforms the easier it will be to create content that has multiple functions.
Create lots of mini pieces of content from one original piece by re-purposing the content.
A video that becomes a podcast that becomes a blog is just one piece of original content re-purposed.
In the main there are only 3 types of content you need to focus on when you are creating your Facebook content strategy.
- Useful content like Podcasts, Blogs, Video Tips, Training, Tutorials, Webinars etc
- Engaging content such as Facebook Lives, asking questions and answering FAQ’s.
- Promotional / Calls to action such as special discounts, offers and Holiday specials.
How many Facebook page updates you do every day will depend on your time commitment and your niche but best practice for Facebook business pages is typically 1-2 posts per day plus 3-4 Calls to Action every week.
Think about mixing up your Facebook post ideas to create a variety of updates like this:-
- Monday – motivational quote + text status update + video tip
- Tuesday – Blog post + expert tip + question
- Wednesday – Personal update + call to action + free webinar / training
An example of an engaging Facebook post idea, asking a question..
4.Let Top Brands Or Facebook Influencer Pages Show You The Way
Find and follow some of the top Facebook pages in your niche as your page and study everything they do.
Facebook business pages allow you to do this is a simple way inside your page INSIGHTS and it can give you a great overview on “how you are doing in terms of page likes, posts and engagement.”
Engagement is what you & Facebook WANT on your page so it pays to pay attention to people who are extremely good at it!
(Hence my mentor in learning all about social media for business was indeed Sandi Krakowski – her engagement is insane!)
If you are still sitting on the fence with Facebook business pages for your business and how many updates you should or should not be doing, or what type of content gets the most engagement …
One thing is for 100% certain, if Facebook business pages “didn’t work” not one of the these entrepreneurs or brands would be using them!
Not only does following other Facebook business pages give you an incredible insight into what they are doing (especially if they are paying large marketing agencies to produce their images for them or create their strategies)
But leaving positive comments on THEIR pages can really boost your own brand awareness too.
Every week look at your own page insights and make adjustments to your strategy.
If things are in the red focus on why that might be and work on that area of your business.
One simple switch can make all the difference for example one switch I recently made was to ask more questions to increase engagement.
- Look at the content that gets the most engagement on the FB pages you watch and figure out why.
- Is it original content?
- Is it inspiring?
- Is it a video?
- Is it a certain design or colour?
Then ask yourself how you can do something like that for YOUR business?
* Word to the wise never just COPY what they do, it doesn’t work that way.
What they are doing is being themselves and inspiring people in their own way.
For example Sandi uses religion a lot in her updates. It’s part of who she is and what she believes in.
If that isn’t you don’t bring it in to your business just because you think it might boost your engagement.
Be authentic to your true self, you message and your brand.
Another amazing of using Facebook pages to boost brand awareness and grow your business would be The Female Entrepreneur Association.
Everything is on brand in Carrie’s inimitable style and it’s always delivering inspiring updates aimed at female entrepreneurs.
When you set up FB pages to follow like this you can click on the page name from your insights and find out which were the top posts this week on any of the pages!.
This one was the top one for the Female Entrepreneur Association proving once again that positive messages are one of the reasons we ALL love Facebook whether you are an entrepreneur or not.
Compared to the doom and gloom of the Newspapers, TV News and everyday life Facebook is a breath of fresh air when you follow pages like this!
The key thing here is to “be on brand” as much as possible, stay on the positive and inspiring side of life and above all BE ORIGINAL which is easy when you just be yourself.
5. Mock-Ups Are A Great Way To Boost Brand Awareness
One of the most tried and tested Facebook content ideas is to have people WEARING or USING your brand, products and services.
So when I stumbled across Placeit.net i was totally hooked.
If you take a close look at the way Red Bull uses their Facebook page to create brand awareness, you’ll see they find as many ways as possible to promote events they sponsor or show people holding or drinking Red Bull.
It’s an engaging and winning formula if you have their budget of course.
But worry not.
You can do similar things with mock ups on Placeit.net
With membership to Placeit.net at around $99 for the whole year, you can create unlimited mock ups, short videos, Facebook covers and posts, logos, print designs & more.
It makes it impossible to run out of content ideas.
- Facebook business pages are the perfect bounce-back platform for your business.
- Use them to build your brand awareness, generate leads and engage with people. If you are a B2C company, your ideal customers are on Facebook every day.
- Choose around 6 different content buckets for your content mix and make each one of them as unique and on brand wherever possible.
- Post a minimum of 3 times a week if you are new to Facebook for business or 1-2 times per day if you’ve been “doing” social media for a while.
- Batch create your content & think about using unique ways of creating content like mock ups.
- Follow successful people in your industry and watch what types of posts get the most engagement on their pages. Success leaves clues!
If this content help you in some way, please feel free to leave me a comment below & I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Be kind, stay positive & believe in yourself!